Thursday, February 18, 2010

Visit to the antique shop Älskade Ting - Vierailu antiikkiliikkeessä Rakkaat Esineet


Here are a few photos from my last visit to this lovely antique shop Älskade Ting - Rakkaat Esineet, in Turku, Finland. ("Beloved things") It is a huge shop, abundant in intriguing and beautiful old furniture, big and small, lamps, dishes, pots, cans, decoration items, toys... Ranging from several decades old ones to antique.

Last time I bought a pair of old crystal window chandeliers that I plan on hanging... not in my windows but instead in the downstairs bathroom. I'll get some pictures when we get those installed, will take a while though - the small bathroom is still missing wallpapers. I'm having a hard time deciding on the pattern! All I know is that we will be using traditional, old-fashioned paper wallpapers that will have no plastic material in them, just like we've used in all other rooms that have so far been sort-of-finished. Tapettitalo has a wonderful selection of traditional wallpapers.

I'm longing for those type of large cupboards for my kitchen that you see in the photos (prefer the second one).
Hope to see a few more of them next time I visit. Looks like I need to start saving up my pennies and then club the piggy bank before the trip.



* * * * * * * * *

Tässä on muutama kuva viime käynniltäni ihastuttavassa antiikkikaupassa Älskade Ting - Rakkaat Esineet, Turussa. Se on valtava kauppa, pullollaan kiehtovia ja kauniita vanhoja huonekaluja, isoja ja pieniä, valaisimia, astioita, pannuja, rasioita, koriste-esineitä, leluja... Kaikkea muutamia vuosikymmeniä vanhoista esineistä antiikkiin.

Viime kerralla ostin parin vanhoja ikkunakristallikruunuja, jotka aion ripustaa... en ikkunoihin vaan sen sijaan alakerran vessaan. Otan kuvia, kun saamme ne asennettua, mikä saattaa viedä hetken - pikkuvessasta puuttuvat vielä tapetitkin. En tunnu pystyvän päättämään sopivasta kuviosta! Tiedän vain, että tulemme käyttämään perinteisiä, vanhanaikaisia paperitapetteja, joissa ei ole muovia, samoin kuin olemme tehneet muissa huoneissa, jotka ovat suurin piirtein valmiita. Tapettitalossa on loistava valikoima perinteisiä tapetteja.

Himoitsen kuvissa näkyvien kaltaisia, suuria astiakaappeja keittiööni (pidän toisena olevasta). Toivottavasti näen näitä lisää ensi kerralla liikkeessä. Näyttää siltä, että pitää ryhtyä säästämään pennosia ja sitten kolkata säästöpossu ennen matkaa.

8 comments:

It's me said...

Hi Susan

Congratulations !! your ara my 50 !!

When you send your mailadress to my webshop there is a link on my blog ,i can send you the present !

What a nice house you have !!
And my english is not so good sorry!

Can you put a translate on your blog ??

I "am going to bed now it 's to late..............pooohhhh!!

Goodnight and till next time

greetz Ria

Susan said...

Hi Ria,
Thanks, the house still needs a LOT of work. About present: oh, thank you so much, that's such a lovely surprise! :) Round numbers clearly are lucky.
And don't worry, your English is totally fine; I bet it is muchmuch better than my Dutch!
I'll add the Translate gadget, but it can lead to funny translations, too.

Thanks to everybody else visiting, too - I always read these comments, even though I sometimes get too busy with life to answer all. It's still a joy to see visitors, I actually would not have guessed that blogging is this much fun!

It's me said...

Hello again

Will you send me your adres??

Do it in my webshop.......

Greetz ria

It's me said...

Hai

After the give away period it is 28 febr i send it to you !

Have a nise eve

Greetz Ria

Valloittava valkoinen said...

Oi mikä ihana kauppa!

Susan said...

Hi Ria: thank you so much! Looking forward to it, that's lovely. :)
****
Valloittava valkoinen:
Juu, kauppa on ihan loistava - ja melko iso myös (1000 m2 täynnä tavaraa). Heillä on nettisivukin, jota päivittävät aika usein.

It's me said...

Hello Susan

Everything go right ??

Have you get the present yet ??

Greetz Ria

Susan said...

Hi Ria!

Yes, it finally arrived late last week! Thank you so much, it was such a joy to receive this lovely surprise-present. :) It really cheered up my week, as I have been super busy with work.
Sorry, I've been away for a few weeks, so only updating this blog now.
I don't know, if it got stuck in the customs or where it had been, as it clearly took over a week to arrive, looking at the postage stamp.